In-house Attractions at the Conference Hotel
The conference hotel offers an impressive set of in-house attractions and superior amenities, making for a convenient and delightful stay for all guests. The Lobby Atrium is a spectacular 17-story high lobby, famous for being the largest hotel lobby in North America.
You can check out the dining options at the hotel at http://sanfrancisco.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining.html.
Embarcadero is one of the most vibrant, lively and scenic neighborhoods in San Francisco, which offers an overwhelming number of dining/nightlife options, as well as convenient public transportation (see Transportation Page).
Take a stroll along the waterfront, enjoy the Bay views, and explore some of the most popular landmarks of San Francisco.
- Ferry Building: An iconic architectural landmark building, and a market hall with over 50 shops inside. This is a great place to wander and grab a bite. A Farmer's Market is also offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays on the Ferry Plaza next to the building.
- Exploratorium: A unique science museum offering interactive exhibits as an amazing and fun learning experience.
- Levi's Plaza: The headquarters of Levi Strauss & co. is also a beautiful park open to visitors, offering views of the Coit Tower.
- Aquarium of the Bay: Located at Embarcadero and Beach Street, at the edge of Pier 39. It is focused on local aquatic animals from the San Francisco Bay and neighboring waters; it has over 50 sharks, skates, bat rays and thousands of other animals.
- Pier 39 & Fisherman's Wharf: Visit one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city, and experience the waterfront of San Francisco like nowhere else. The area is lively with tourists, and full of shops, restaurants, food stands, street performers, etc.
- Ghirardelli Square: Visit this historical chocolate factory, and have a taste of the delicious chocolate and ice cream sold at the store. Take a walk in the nearby park and enjoy one of the best views of the bay.
Convenient Lunch and Dining Options near the Conference Venue
The Embarcadero Center and the surrounding area between Jackson Street, Montgomery Street and Mission Street offers a wide variety of lunch and dining options, such as fast food, pizza, salad bar, crepes, Mexican, Asian cuisine etc.
Here is a list of recommended places to grab a bite:
- Rubio's (Mexican food; In the Embarcadero Center)
- Osha Thai Restaurant and Lounge (In the Embarcadero Center)
- Osha Express Thai (Take-out; On 1 Market Plaza, on Market St. and Steuart St.)
- Kokkari Estiatorio (Greek food; On 200 Jackson, on Jackson St. and Front St.)
- Sens (Mediterranean; In the Embarcadero Center)
- Crepe and Curry (In the Embarcadero Center)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (On 50 California St., between Davis St. and Drumm St.)
- Focaccia (Bakery; 119 Sacramento St., between Davis St. and Drumm St.)
- San Francisco Soup Company (1 Market St., between Spear St. and Steuart St.)
Restaurants to Explore
Dosa on Fillmore
(1700 Fillmore Street)
This is an upscale spot in the beautiful Pacific Heights neighborhood, offering authentic South Indian cuisine, built perfectly for large group dining. Offers special group menus.
(1 Kearny Street.; 2nd floor of the One Kearny building)
A luxurious restaurant with stunning décor, offering a Chinese cuisine that consists of signature dishes, innovative cocktails and a wide selection of wines. This restaurant features two private dining rooms that can accommodate up to 20 people.
(564, 5th Street)
A cozy, gorgeous spot in SOMA, ran by one of the most renowned chefs in the area, winner of Top Chef Masters. This restaurant offers a great menu with meat specialty items.
Palomino Restaurant & Bar
(345 Spear Street - inside Rincon Center)
A perfect, laid back place with a large outdoor terrace and an amazing view of the Bay Bridge. You’ll find here a rich European menu, and delicious cocktails.
(1652 Stockton Street)
Park Tavern is an upscale classic American tavern that sits along Washington Square Park. The Eden Room inside the Tavern is a dedicated private dining space for large groups of people.
*For more options, visit http://www.sanfrancisco.travel/article/10-restaurants-you-need-eat-2016.