Ron Fagin Special Event
A special event in honor of Ron Fagin's influential and long-lasting research contributions to the principles of database systems will be held during the 2016 ACM SIGMOD/PODS Conference in San Francisco.
The event will take place from 2:00p.m. to 6:00p.m. on Sunday June 26, 2016. It will feature invited presentations by Marcelo Arenas (Catholic University of Chile), Laura Haas (IBM Research - Almaden), Benny Kimelfeld (Technion), Leonid Libkin (University of Edinburgh), Moshe Y. Vardi (Rice University), and Jeff Ullman (Stanford University). The event will close with remarks by Ron Fagin himself.
Room: Bayview B
- 2:00 - 2:15: Opening
- 2:15 - 2:45: Finite Model Theory: A Personal Perspective, Moshe Y. Vardi, Rice University [ppt]
- 2:45 - 3:15: Acyclic Hypergraphs, Jeffrey D. Ullman, Stanford University [ppt]
- 3:15 - 3:45: Theory and Practice: Collaborating with Ron Fagin on Two Projects in Information Integration, Laura Haas, IBM Research - Almaden [ppt]
- 3:45 - 4:15: Break
- 4:15 - 4:45: Foundations of Data Exchange and Metadata Management, Marcelo Arenas, Catholic University of Chile [ppt]
- 4:45 - 5:15: Database Principles in Text Analytics, Benny Kimelfeld, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology [ppt]
- 5:15 - 5:45: The Role of Elegance in Research, Leonid Libkin, University of Edinburgh [ppt]
- 5:45 - 6:00: Personal Reflections, Ronald Fagin, IBM Research - Almaden
Organizers: Phokion Kolaitis (UC Santa Cruz and IBM Research - Almaden, email: email@example.com) and Lucian Popa (IBM Research - Almaden, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)