SIGMOD 2016 Call for Tutorial Proposals
We solicit proposals for tutorials for presentation at the 2016 ACM SIGMOD conference. Proposals must provide an in-depth survey of the chosen topic with the option of describing a particular piece of work in detail. A meaningful summary of open research issues in the topic should be included.
Each accepted tutorial is expected to jump-start non-experts, equipping them with the crucial knowledge required to commence research in a field.
NOTE: This year the tutorials have been decoupled from the main conference program and they will be held before and after the conference (on Sunday, June 26, 2016 and on Friday, July 1, 2016).
Tutorial proposals should be submitted through CMT at: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/SIGMODTutorials2016 by Wednesday, February 3, 2016, 11:59pm PST.
Each submission should include the following information:
- The proposed tutorial title.
- The preferred duration (1.5 or 3 hours). If both options are possible, the proposal should identify which material is to be included for each length.
- An abstract.
- Enough detail to provide a sense of both the scope of material to be covered and the depth to which it will be covered.
- A short description of the intended audience and any prerequisite knowledge for attendees.
- A very brief biography of the proposed presenter(s), along with contact information.
- If (part of) the tutorial material or an earlier version of it has been presented elsewhere, the proposal should indicate those respective events (and dates), and describe how the current proposal differs from the previous editions.
- Up to 5 pages
- 11pt or larger font
- Single- or double-column
A short description of the tutorial (up to 5 pages) will be included in the conference proceedings (due by March 14). Tutorial slides are expected to be made available to conference participants and also uploaded as supplementary material to the ACM Digital Library (linked to the tutorial description), after the tutorial.
- February 3, 2016, 11:59pm PST: Proposal submission
- March 9, 2016: Notification
- March 30, 2016, 11:59pm PST: Camera-ready due
- Sunday, June 26, 2016 and Friday, July 1, 2016: Tutorial dates